Me+You Author Interview: Tara L Ames
Ocean Rescue by Tara L. Ames Devastated over the loss of a fellow Navy SEAL, LT Commander TJ McGregor is in no mood to do anything but commemorate the life of his fallen comrade, until a sexy, blue-eyed blonde ignites a passion deep inside him he never knew existed. But after all the hell he’s been through, he’s not sure he’s ready to open up and let her in.
After Cassie Neale, US Army Nurse, saves TJ from two wild barracudas, she does everything she can to keep her distance from him. Yet, she can’t ignore the symptoms of their attraction: tingling skin, flushed cheeks, and well...Of course, she knows the only cure is to open her heart and take a risk again. But she’s not sure she’s ready for another chance at love—not when she’s still recovering from a painful divorce.
1) What is your favorite genre to write?
Steamy contemporary romances and historical romances set in the Georgian period with wounded military heroes and strong-willed heroines.
2) Do you believe in love at first sight?
I sure do. The minute I first saw my husband, I knew I was going to marry him.
3) What is your favorite body of water?
Well, since I live in Florida, I’m partial to the Atlantic Ocean.
4) Have you experienced a summer romance?
It was the summer going into my senior year of college. Whew!! That was one for the record books, ladies. LOL!
5) What one thing always reminds you of summer?
That’s a tough one, since I live in Florida and it’s practically summer all year round, it’s not hard to think about that season. LOL!!
6) Favorite color?
Blue, the color of the sky and the Atlantic Ocean
7) Favorite ice cream flavor?
8) Favorite summer romance movie?
Sad to say, I can’t remember when the last time one came out. I’m drawing a blank.
9) What is your favorite season/month?
December...everyone is happy and the holidays are right around the corner.
10) Describe one scene you cut from your final story?
It was in THE RISK TAKER, book 1 in the ALPHA AVIATOR SERIES, I had one too many action scenes. My heroine Samantha Jackson was afraid of flying and found herself stuck on a boat in the middle of the—yep, you guessed it, the Atlantic Ocean. My hero, a naval aviator had to come and save her in a seaplane. Of course, Sam wasn’t about to get in that tin can, no way in hell.
11) What is one thing you cannot write without?
Silence. I need complete silence or my mind wanders away from all the characters screaming inside my head.
12) Do you prefer plotting or allowing the characters to drive the story?
I have to have a road map to know where I’m going. BUT, I don’t want to know every light, stop or turn. Too much and my head begins to pound with too much detail.
13) What is your favorite scene from this story?
When they both realize the other one is hurting.
14) Which author in this set are you most excited to read?
Ah, c’mon, that’s too hard. I want to read them all-xoxo
15) What is your favorite word?
I like too many to say. But in my personal life, it would have to be sh*t.
16) Describe your perfect sand castle.
A half-naked merman!
17) What is your favorite water activity (swimming, surfing, skiing, tanning etc.)?
Boating and snorkeling. I used to scuba dive but I don’t anymore.
18) What other projects are you working on?
I’m writing a short story for an anthology due out in August and a sexy novella for yet another anthology with 24 other authors, due out in February 2019. I’m almost finished with writing the fourth book in the ALPHA AVIATORS series, titled: THE SOUL SHAKER. Unlike, the other three, where they take place in Key West, this one takes place in Montana. It’s about two broken hearts, one lie adding up to...one secret baby.
The Alpha Aviators Series is a sexy contemporary romance with brave military heroes that will make you drool after you meet them and marvel at the heroines for their strength and independence.
19) Which is more romantic, sunrise or sunset? On the Gulf side of Florida and over Lake Michigan. Both are absolutely breathtaking.
20) What is your favorite mythological water creature (mermaid, siren, nymph, etc.)? MERMAN-LoL!!
Me+You: Summer Romance Anthology will be releasing June 14, 2018. To get to know more of the authors, and to get updates on the book, please join our Facebook group.