Lead Me To The Water by Lynsey M. Stewart
Lead me to the Water
When my mum died, I didn't expect her to offer me the opportunity to start again. She told me to take chances, travel, discover life and fall in love. It sounded beautiful in theory, but sitting on the beach wondering where I was going to start was terrifying.
Good thing there was a distraction…
Contemplating life is easier when you’re watching a hot Surfer emerge from the water, peeling himself out of a wetsuit like a scene from a Bond film.
Life doesn’t always go to plan; sometimes a curve ball leads you in a different direction. For me, it was a rogue olive. Spraining my ankle wasn’t part of the start a new life and be fabulous plan, but it did lead me to Mr Surfman.
So it turns out doctors are my thing. And there I was thinking it was shirtless fire fighters.
My mum had led me to the water, but had she led me to find love too?
1) What is your favorite genre to write? I LOVE contemporary romance. I read it, I write it, I devour it…
2) Do you believe in love at first sight? I think lust at first sight is more common but I certainly believe in initial connections. I knew that I was going to marry my husband when I met him but I can’t explain where that thought came from. 3) What is your favorite body of water? My story features a beach where my heroine watches a sexy surfer every morning. I think there is something really peaceful about the beach before the crowds descend or when they filter away at the end of the day. Watching a hot guy surf only adds greatness so I’d have to say the beach!
4) Have you experienced a summer romance? Only in my head! 5) What one thing always reminds you of summer? I’m a Brit so our summers are usually pretty disappointing! I always get a great feeling when schools break up for summer as it takes me back to good times with family and friends.
6) What is one thing you cannot write without? An endless supply of tea and chocolate.
7) What is your favorite scene from this story? There’s a scene in hospital after Lucy slips on an olive and sprains her ankle. She meets Adam, a sexy doctor and their banter always makes me laugh. Adam jokes that he isn’t really a doctor and I think the readers will immediately like him from this scene. He puts Lucy at ease and we get an insight into what a great guy he is.
8) Which author in this set are you most excited to read? I’ve read J.L Leslie’s collaboration with Nicole Dykes and really enjoyed it, so I’m looking forward to reading her contribution to the anthology.
9) What is your favorite water activity (swimming, surfing, skiing, tanning ect.)? My daughter loves the water so I’ve tried to embrace it. I’m not a strong swimmer but I love to watch the joy on her face. Once we get to the beach she’s happy for the rest of the day.
10) What other projects are you working on? I’m focusing on bringing the Music and Letters Series to a close. The books focus on four women who are interconnected through their friendship. The series features a second chance romance, a virgin looking to lose the label, a good girl who falls for a tattooed biker and a woman learning to trust again. I’ve loved writing about these women and the men in their lives.
Me+You: Summer Romance Anthology will be releasing June 14, 2018. To get to know more of the authors, and to get updates on the book, please join our Facebook group.