Crestfallen by Kathy-Lynn Cross
Jezza Shale is on her way for a summer weekend getaway with her boyfriend. Upon arriving, at the Sandy Cove, she checks in and waits for him to arrive. He never shows. Torn between concern and rejection, she decides to take a walk on the beach which ends in disaster. Jezza wakes in the B & B with no idea how she got there, but what’s worse – she’s a spirit trapped in room 223. Leaving everyone wondering, was she murdered or did she parish by her own hands?
Kelvin Dayton is a recent divorcee, has taken what’s left of his divorce settlement and invested it into a bed and breakfast on the west coast. Once he arrives, things start happening he can’t explain. Hearing the muffled cries of a female drifting from a second-floor room, he investigates and unknowingly releases Jezza’s spirit.
Able to roam the Sandy Cove, Jezza enjoys tormenting Kelvin, at least until he agrees to help her find out how she died. With each question they uncover, the answers start to bring them closer and ignite a passion neither can admit to.
Will the answers they discover, about her circumstances, be the key to their happily ever after or are both of them doomed to be, Crestfallen?
1) What is your favorite genre to write?
Paranormal, Urban, Fantasy
2) Do you believe in love at first sight?
No. Lust, yes. Physical attraction, yes. But love, just like hate is a powerful emotion. It works for a lot of stories, but in mine, that emotion is something my characters have to work toward for the reward. (I know, I’m cruel.)
3) What is your favorite body of water?
Black-as-night expanse along the coast of Lovina Beach, Bali.
4) Have you experienced a summer romance?
Yes, it was the summer of 1994. (The guy I was friends with bumped our relationship up a level. We had been friends for about a year, which is probably why he’s still around twenty-three years later.)
5) What one thing always reminds you of summer?
Sea shells and the smell of salt.
6) Favorite color?
Coca-Cola red & black
7) Favorite ice cream flavor?
8) Favorite summer romance movie?
When Harry Met Sally. Over the years, I’ve burned through two VHS tapes and two DVDs. (Yes, I just dated myself.)
9) What is your favorite season/month?
November, because it’s all about the anticipation before the holidays, and it’s my daughter’s birth month too. I love winter. You can always put more clothes on but when it’s hot you can’t get past naked. Just say’n.
10) Describe one scene you cut from your final story?
It was a memory Jezza had when she met her boyfriend’s sister. I could plug it here but it’s 342 words, which is why my editor and I decided to cut it. My word count hit the ceiling and then some.
11) What is one thing you cannot write without?
Music. I use it for many reasons. It blocks out the world around me. I make a playlist to fit the story, characters and sometimes chapters. It helps me connect with the emotions of the character I’ve created.
12) Do you prefer plotting or allowing the characters to drive the story?
I AM A PANTSTER. I do make little notes beforehand and my playlists, but I am serious when I say, “The voices made me do it.” They tell the story; I’m just their sectary.
13) What is your favorite scene from this story?
When Kelvin is trying to get Jezza to calm down and listen to him. The scuffle on the bed between them is a turning point.
14) Which author in this set are you most excited to read?
Bella Emy’s, Beneath a Starlit Sky.
15) What is your favorite word?
I have two. Serendipity because of its meaning and it’s fun to say and plethora because well say it, just once. Okay, did you smile? It makes me smile too.
16) Describe your perfect sand castle.
My grandmother used to make dribble castles with us on the beach. It’s more like a perfect memory.
17) What is your favorite water activity (swimming, surfing, skiing, tanning ect.)?
Water fights. Garden hoses at ten paces. Squirt guns at high noon. Water balloon toss.
18) What other projects are you working on?
I recently release my second book in my YA Unseen Series. Now I’m working on the third Unseen book and two side stories that are completely unrelated to the Unseen Series.
19) Which is more romantic, sunrise or sunset?
Sunset. My brain isn’t working around sunrise. I need coffee first.
20) What is your favorite mythological water creature (mermaid, siren, nymph, ect.)?
Me+You: Summer Romance Anthology will be releasing June 14, 2018. To get to know more of the authors, and to get updates on the book, please join our Facebook group.