Pool Party For Two by Caitlyn Lynch
There’s a beautiful woman in Cameron Slater’s swimming pool. He’s not impressed.
A wealthy businessman comes home in the middle of the day because the heatwave has caused a power grid crash and even he can't work in a building with no power. He arrives home to find a gorgeous young woman in his swimming pool. Discovering she’s the housekeeper his PA hired and he’s never actually met is rather a surprise!
An Interview with Caitlyn
1) What is your favorite genre to write?
Oh, that’s a tough one – I love Regency romance, but I also love contemporary, particularly romantic suspense. I’m a multiple personality type; don’t make me choose!
2) Do you believe in love at first sight?
Definitely. I took one look at my husband across a crowded London pub and fell head over heels.
3) What is your favorite body of water?
The Caribbean Sea
4) Have you experienced a summer romance?
More than one!
5) What one thing always reminds you of summer?
The smell of freshly mown grass and the taste of strawberries – which I’ve developed an allergy to this year, tragically!
6) Favorite color?
7) Favorite ice cream flavor?
Honeycomb and butterscotch. Mm mm.
8) Favorite summer romance movie?
Trying to think of one… Sweet Home Alabama, I think? I love Reese Witherspoon in everything!
9) What is your favorite season/month?
Growing up in the UK, it was always summertime, but living in Queensland, Australia now, summer is too hot! Winter here is the best time of year, dry and sunny most days, rarely cold enough to need a coat.
10) Describe one scene you cut from your final story?
The wedding. I realized I didn’t need it to show Cameron and Marnie’s commitment to each other.
11) What is one thing you cannot write without?
Something to type on – my handwriting is so bad it’s unreadable. I keep a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard in my car which syncs with my phone, so I can open a Google Doc and write anywhere.
12) Do you prefer plotting or allowing the characters to drive the story?
I’m a pantser, though I’m TRYING to work on that. Especially for longer works, it’s good to know where you’re going!
13) What is your favorite scene from this story?
The beginning, when Cameron catches Marnie swimming in his pool!
14) Which author in this set are you most excited to read?
Y. M. Zachery. I met her at an author signing last year (Riveting Reads in Brisbane) and she’s lovely and so talented.
15) What is your favorite word?
My editor will tell you it’s ‘that’. Or ‘very’. I certainly have to cut a lot of them from my drafts!
16) Describe your perfect sand castle.
Any castle built by my two sons while I’m having a sleep nearby :D
17) What is your favorite water activity (swimming, surfing, skiing, tanning ect.)?
I’m a DREADFUL swimmer and hopeless in the water. I’d rather be collecting shells and seaglass and driftwood by the water’s edge.
18) What other projects are you working on?
Too many to count! The third in my Island Escapes series set on a fictional Great Barrier Reef resort island – the first, Finding Cory, is available now, and the second, The Reluctant Billionaire, comes out at the end of April. Also, two different Jane Austen adaptations under my Catherine Bilson name and an original historical to go in a box set releasing end 2018. The final draft of a romantic suspense I plan to pitch to Harlequin. Final draft of my first ever urban fantasy which I may pitch to a publisher but I haven’t decided yet. First draft of a paranormal with a German castle owned by a werewolf baron…
I’m not great at sticking to one project at a time :P It’s the ADD showing!
19) Which is more romantic, sunrise or sunset?
Definitely sunrise. Sunset is when the mosquitos come out and they think I’m DELICIOUS. I’m always too busy slapping at myself and squeaking with pain to think of romance then!
20) What is your favorite mythological water creature (mermaid, siren, nymph, ect.)?
Nessie! I want to write a story one day with Nessie as the last shapeshifter of his kind :D
Me+You: Summer Romance Anthology will be releasing June 2018. To get to know more of the authors, and to get updates on the book, please join our Facebook group.